What's Changing for CM/ECF Filers
On Monday, February 28, 2022 the Court upgraded its Case Management/Electronic Case Filing System ("CM/ECF") to the Next Generation of CM/ECF ("NextGen"). This upgrade provides users with several new benefits. One of these benefits is Central Sign-On, a login process which allows e-filing attorneys and non-attorneys to use one PACER login and password to access any NextGen Court (appellate, bankruptcy and district) in which they practice.
Do you have your own PACER account?
All electronic filers must have their own PACER account, which will be linked to your CM/ECF filing account. Shared PACER accounts cannot be used by CM/ECF users.
- Register for a PACER Account
- Questions regarding PACER accounts should be directed to the PACER Service Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-800-676-6856.
Have you upgraded your PACER account?
If your PACER account was created prior to August 2014, you may need to upgrade your account before your court moves to NextGen CM/ECF. An upgraded PACER account allows you to use the same account to search for case information and file electronically in a court using NextGen.
To upgrade your existing PACER account:
- Log in with your PACER username and password, and check the Account Type. If your account is already upgraded, it will say ‘Account Type: Upgraded PACER Account.’ If it indicates ‘Account Type: Legacy PACER Account’, select the Upgrade link.
- Complete the Upgrade PACER account screens by validating your account information, adding date of birth, county, creating new username, creating new password, and selecting security questions.
- For more help, review the step by step guide on upgrading your PACER account.
Link Your CM/ECF Filing Account to Your Upgraded PACER Account
You must link your CM/ECF filing credentials (login and password) to your upgraded PACER account. You must know both sets of credentials to link the accounts. Click here to view the steps on how to Link your account. (Note: This step is a one‐time procedure.)
New attorneys and non-attorney filers (creditors, trustees, etc.) filing electronically must first register to a PACER account. Once registered, filers have to request e-filing access to our Court through PACER. For more information, click here.
Resources & Training Materials
- Link PACER account to existing CMECF Account (PDF)
- Instructions for Filing Agents for Attorneys and Trustees (PDF)
- Request E-Filing Access to Puerto Rico Bankruptcy (PDF)
- Non Attorney Request E-Filing Access to Puerto Rico Bankruptcy (PDF)